Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 months??

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I last posted... Time has absolutely flown. I have managed to complete yet another semester of uni, and have made a lot of new purchases. I've copy and pasted my recent purchases from my short-lived Tumblr (much prefer the dashboard here) which is below this post. So far, I've received the MAC foundation, and the hair curler. I'm still waiting for the Naked palette and the Sigma brushes... I can't wait!

Since I made that post I have made two small purchases.

Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in 76 Sari Dore. It's from the Summer 2011 Collection. I just tried taking a few pics of swatches but the flash washes the colour out and does not do it justice. I will get around to doing a review on it and include some pictures then. But my initial thoughts on it are... I LOVE IT! It is a perfect coral-y, pink-y, bright but not overwhelming colour. And that Chanel lipstick smell is to die for. Next on my wishlist is Teheran.

I was inspired to buy a new lipstick after seeing the 'Are you a lipstick or eyeshadow person?' thread on VF. It got me thinking - I always put effort into my eyes but then abandon my lips. No more! In fact I am excited because it means I can put in less effort on the eyes and then focus on the lip colour. This should drastically reduce the time it takes me to do my makeup for special occasions.

I've also bought Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black. After watching youtuber emilynoel83 use it and rave about it i bought it for myself. It was about $25AUD (so wayyyyyyy exxy for what is considered drugstore) but to ease the pain i had $10 on a Westfield gift card which i put toward the purchase.

Other products I am loving at the moment:

Joico Colour Endure Violet Shampoo
Color Endure Violet Shampoo
picture from joico.com

I LOVE THIS! IMO it beats Matrix so silver HANDS DOWN! It's far more pigmented and much less drying (although, beware - it still is NOT what is considered a moisturing shampoo).

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub

picture is my own!

As you can see... I've almost squeezed the death out of this! I love it. My only gripe is that some of the exfoliating particles are way too big and a bit scratchy?! It's very moisturising, removes makeup well, and does NOT leave skin with that tight feeling. It has not broken me out at all despite the formula being quite heavy. I will definitely be repurchasing this!

(it has a flip-cap on the lid, but I have unscrewed it to get the dregs of the tube out!)

I'm not on uni holidays, so I hope to get around to some regular posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment