Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday.

Hello.
I have my first follower. I feel very special! Hello lashka_.
Today has been very hot in Perth, 36C. I haven't left the house! Instead I have been actioning tasks such as cleaning and tidying. I'm not a fan of either. My cleaning and tidying involved going through my makeup collection and discarding anything I don't use (I am a self confessed hoarder, so I don't like to part with my makeup - but I was brutal). I decided I probably didn't need those fluoro BYS eyeliners that I bought two years ago. Or that Kryolan foundation that turns orange as soon as it touches skin.
Anyway, whilst I was going through my makeup, I noticed that most of my eyeshadows were either of the 'purple' family, or the 'gold/bronze' family. This is because one source will say that purples are the best colours to bring out green eyes, yet another will say that golds and bronzes are the best colours to bring out green eyes. So, I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to see which works best for me.
Here is what I used:

The bronze colours are Shimmer Cubes #6 from The Body Shop. I used Cover Girl Perfect Blends eyeliner pencil in Black Brown. The purple colours are a Sephora palette which is actually meant for brown eyes (go figure). The eyeliner is Christian Dior waterproof crayon in Precious Violet (or Violet Precieux for those who care). I used Maybelline's Full N Soft mascara for both eyes.
My eyes are not looking particularly green today, instead an off-grey colour. I swear, they are green in natural light!
Here is my bronze eye:

And my purple eye.

And a side-by-side comparison.



You'll have to excuse my unkempt and asymmetrical brows. 

I think that the purples make the green stand out more, and the bronze makes them look slightly blue. 

Right-o. I'm off for a walk at the beach to watch the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment