Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cooking Dinner

For dinner tonight I've decided to make this:


picture ripped from lifestylefood.com.au

It's a 4 Ingredients Sour Cream and Pumpkin Quiche. It looks bloody delish, and I am a sucker for pumpkin anything. Here's the recipe (taken from lifestylefood.com.au)


  • 1 sheet Puff pastry




  • 3 Eggs




  • 300 ml Sour Cream




  • ½ cooked butternut pumpkin, cut into pieces








    1. Line a rubber pie dish with puff pastry.
    2. Beat eggs and sour cream.
    3. Pour over pumpkin. To taste, add sea salt and pepper in a 180C oven for 30 minutes or until set.
    It doesn't get easier than that. I roasted the pumpkin instead of just steaming it because I think it will be yummier. Also I didn't use a rubber pie dish, because I don't have one.

    Tomorrow I am going to attempt to make ganache and fondant, a practice run for valentine's day. I've never actioned a fancy cake or frosting before so it should be an experience. I will blog about it. (i've already noted runningincuteheels.blogspot.com for tips!)

    See you tomorrow!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment