Monday, February 7, 2011

It's Been A While

Since I last blogged.

As promised here is my cake / ganache / fondant attempt. First ever.

Ganache:









I put it into the fridge to set, and then got started on the fondant. I made a marshmallow fondant because I've heard that most fondants aren't very tasty. Plus this one was easy (in fondant terms...)

Melted the white marshmallows with 1Tbs water for about 20 seconds, until they went all puffy:



Sifted in this until it formed a dough texture:





Then I did the same with the pink marshmallows, only I added a touch of food colouring to make it look even pinker:



I made this ghastly mess:


The fondant had to set, so I whipped up a lasagna for dinner:



Here is the cake ganache-d:



I did smooth it off much nicer than it looks here, I just didn't get around to taking a photo. The cake is actually two cakes, a white chocolate mud on the bottom, and a chocolate mud on the top. I just made White Wings cakes, because I didn't want to put in a lot of effort to just fail miserably (same with the Select chocolate you might have noticed that I used!).

Here is is fondant-ed:



Excuse the lumps and bumps. I tried my best!

I now have 7/8 of a fully ganached/fondanted mudcake in my freezer. It ended up weighing over 4kg all up.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how you made this cake with all your effort. I never realised you can make fondant with marshmallow. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete