Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday

I have been loving Target recently. I'm a student so I don't have a lot to spend on clothes (what with my makeup addiction!) and lately I've found Target to have reasonably fashionable, good quality pieces. Not to mention the fact that their stock turnover is pretty quick so they always have sales and clearances.

Here's what I picked up today:



It's a Stella McCartney for Target clutch ($19 down from $69) and 2 Grandeur bath towels ($8 something each). Here is the clutch up-close:


It's textured like fish scales. I won't be using it as a clutch, probably a makeup/toiletries bag, or something to chuck all my stuff into when I go to uni. I hope there's nobody out there that forked over $69 for it. I wouldn't have bought it if it was full price.

I bought these yesterday:





They're just draping cardigan things, and yes they were clearance (spot the red sticker!). They were originally $45, then marked to $29.88, and then another 30% off clearance items. I think they will come in handy when I go back to uni and for that awkward change of season time. I was only going to get the grey one, but then I saw the cream one so I decided to get both. I think they were a bargain. The seams have some metallic detail which makes me like them even more.

I also bought a new Revlon Colourstay at Target, as I finished mine yesterday. It is the first foundation that I have ever finished in its entirety. My foundation drawer is depressing. I have a few 99% full foundations in there. A once used NARS Sheer Glow in Deauville (which the MUA in Mecca grossly mismatched me to...) and a Chantecaille Future Skin in Nude, which is far too orange to even have the slightest chance at matching human skin. Also mismatched in Mecca. When will I learn!? I'll have to save the Sheer Glow for winter, and the Chantecaille for if I ever get the desire to be an oopma loompa.

Anyway I noticed that this Colourstay has different labelling, and does not have the soft-flex formula. I wonder if I'll notice a difference.

I went au naturale to work today, with not one scrap of makeup. I got asked if I was sick by about four different people. One person even commented "you don't look like you've been out of bed for long!". It made me feel... unpretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment